Li’s extensive legal expertise covers disputes in investment and finance, IP licenses, construction and general commercial and corporate matters, particularly complicated international disputes and cross-border deals.
Li has represented or advised hundreds of world renowned domestic and foreign companies in cases worth tens of billions of US dollars in aggregate. The arbitration cases he has handled involve major international arbitration institutions around the globe, including the ICC International Court of Arbitration, HKIAC, SIAC, CIETAC, and BAC. His litigation experience covers high and intermediate courts all over China as well as the Supreme Court of China. He has also been invited to serve as expert witness before Chinese courts.
Li was acclaimed as a “Recognized Arbitration Practitioner” by Chambers I 2019, and “a superb arbitration strategist” by Legal 500. He is one of the few Chinese lawyers who are competent to serve as lead counsel in international arbitration proceedings conducted in English.
- International Standby Practices ISP98
- Incoterms 2000
- Supplement to UCP for the Presentation of Electronic Documents
- Collection of Opinions of the ICC Banking Commission (ICC pub. 632)
- International Standard Banking Practices
- ICC Uniform Rules on Collection（URC522）
- ICC Commentary on Uniform Rules on Collection（URC550）
- ICC Model Form Contract for Agency
- ICC Uniform Rules on Demand Guarantee（URDG 458）
- ICC Uniform Rules for Reimbursements under Documentary Letter of Credits（URR 525）
- ICC Model Form Contract for Distributorship
- ICC Guide to Uniform Rules for Contract Bonds
- Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits（UCP 600）
- International Standard Banking Practices (ISBP Amended)
- Supervised the legal aspects of Chemchina's acquisition of Syngenta, involving financing worth of USD49 bn.
- Supervised the legal aspects of A-share Sanonda's acquisition of the Israeli company Adama by way of back-door listing.
- Represented Sichuan Guodong Construction in a dispute with a Finnish company under a plant purchase contract at ICC arbitration. Claim amount over 80 million USD.
- Represented an American gas conglomerate in a dispute with an Italian company under a gas supply contract at CIETAC arbitration. Claim amount over 10 million USD.
- Represented two Hong Kong investors in their disputes under investment agreements with over USD60m at stake. BAC arbitration and Hong Kong enforcement proceedings involved. First emergency arbitrator case in China.
- Represented a Japanese company in an ICC arbitration against sellers under an equity transfer agreement. Amount at stake over 20M USD.
- Represented a French medical conglomerate in a CIETAC arbitration against a Chinese insurance company under property insurance policy. First of its kind in China. Claim amount over 10m USD.
Before joining JunZeJun, Li Haifeng practiced PRC law at Baker McKenzie FenXun. Besides private practice, he had also served at China National Agrochemical Corp. (“CNAC”) as General Counsel, and the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), which is the supervisory body of CIETAC, and ICC CHINA, which is the China chapter of ICC, for over ten years, as Director of CCPIT, Deputy Secretary General of ICC CHINA respectively.
During his tenure at CNAC, he supervised the legal work in the $49bn acquisition of Syngenta, the largest ever overseas deals of China, and the acquisition of Adama by Sanonda, the latter being listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange. Both deals have set records in China in terms of size and regulatory complexity.
- J. M., Peking University.
- B.A. (majoring in English literature), Fudan University, with one year study on Physics.
- ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Panel, Hong Kong International Arbitration Center
- Panel, China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission
- Panel, Kuala Lumpur Regional Arbitration Center
- Panel, Qingdao Arbitration Commission
- Panel, Shanghai International Arbitration Center
- Panel, Qingdao Arbitration Commission
- Beijing Bar Arbitration Committee
- ICC Task Force member on Drafting of Consortium Model Contract
- Attorney Corps of International Investment Law hosted by the Ministry of Commerce, China
- Accredited as Expert of Finance Law of Central SOEs by SASAC
- Chambers: Recognized Arbitration Practitioner
- Legal 500: Superb arbitration strategist